Okay so we’re a little late to the party but we’ve been busy adventurers and its finally time to tell our tale.
First things first, before we dig into 2019 and look forward to 2020 we want to Thank All Of You for our success. Without your support, there would not be much to look back on and even less to look forward to. We really can not express how much the community has helped shape where we are today.
A Look Back
What a year 2019 turned out to be, we hit so many milestones we would bore you to death listing them all so let’s just go over a few
- Introduced a new line of trestle tables we call “The Radcliffe”. This line comes with a standard trestle design with 2 main legs and a stretcher-bar. The trestle design can also be customized, we even built a Harry Potter Deathly Hallows themed trestle for a customer
- Introduced two new design styles; Transitional and Coastal. Both incorporate arcs into our tables for the first time
- Introduced a new stain color called Bronze that goes on Mahogany
- Added 4 new Rail Attachments, including a Dice Rolling Tray
- Added 2 new Table Modifications, including a GM Drawer
- Added 2 new Accessories, including a conversion kit for using a 2-Sided Insert as a Flush Topper
And some of the achievements we accomplished.
- Complete website redesign, Including a Table Gallery and Table Estimator, & we are now powered by the Google cloud
- Dramatically increased the radius for UG Red Carpet Delivery
- Made over 20 improvements to our table’s design
- Well exceeded our goal of producing 75 tables
- Streamlined the building process to ensure we stay within our 6-8 weeks production window
- Completed 97% of our tables on time
- Our website had over 13,000 Unique visitors
When looking back 2019 will go down as a significant year in our development. The unexpected, and overwhelming, demand for Heirloom Quality Gaming Tables kept us playing catch up for most of the year. This, in turn, lead to some inefficiencies and struggles that we had to work through. Going forward we realize what we are capable of accomplishing, and what are our limits are as we grow and adapt.
A Look Ahead
So what can you expect from Uniquely Geek in 2020?
Standard Table Production – Our intention at Uniquely Geek has never been to be the largest Gaming Table manufacturer, just the best. So with that in mind, we have decided to limit our standard production to 100 tables per year.
Legacy Table Production – Due to the overwhelming demand, and a waiting list of almost two years we have decided to double Legacy Table production to 12 a year. If you have already booked a production slot we will be reaching out to you in the next few months to move you into a sooner production slot.
New Products – I said we would roll-out several new items last year that did not make it to the market. This year I guarantee you can count on seeing these new products.
- Dice Tower
- Dice Rolling Trays
- Coaster Sets
- Duke Storage Cabinet (Debuting at Phoenix Fan Fusion)
- Dutchess Display Cabinet (Debuting at Phoenix Fan Fusion)
- And 1 BIG new table announcement
Marketing & Social Media Presence – We have added a new member to our team, actually, he has been around for years but is official now. Justin has been the person responsible for the website redesign, photography, and graphic artwork, and is taking over much of our marketing and social media responsibilities. We understand that we have been severely lacking in these departments in the past. Keep an eye out for Justin’s introductory blog coming soon and be sure to follow our social channels for limited releases and some special surprises this year.
Social Responsibility – For personal reasons, we have selected Autism Research as our charity of choice to support. Know that this cause is near and dear to us and there will be more information coming on how we plan to support this cause and how you can too.
Website Improvements – In 2019 the goal was for our website was to break out of the simplistic system we were in and create a customizable base for us to grow with. Now that we are crawling it’s time to start running. This year is all about optimization and user experience. We will be streamlining our custom table information and buying process as well as making sure that we deliver one of the best web experiences in our field.
We are sure 2020 will be another year of change and growth. As we max out our growth curve it allows us to put more time and effort into the rest of the business. This will not only allow us to improve our products and our processes but to get our products into more hands and homes in the long run.
Here’s to another great year ahead!
-The Uniquely Geek Team